Senior Computer Vision/Deep Learning Engineer
We’re looking for someone to join our small engineering team building a system of record for buildings. We compare photographs and laser scans of construction sites to building plans to assess building completion and verify things are being built to plan. We just raised our seed round and are looking to expand our engineering team. We are looking for someone who can help lead a growing engineering team and drive the development of cutting-edge algorithms for a variety of geometric processing and learning tasks.
This is a full time position in New York City ideal for someone with 3+ years of experience and at least a Master's degree (Ph.D preferred) in a related machine vision / machine learning field.
The ideal candidate has experience in processing 2D image data or 3D geometric data and is well-versed in both classical and deep ML techniques. Experience in our scientific computing environment is a bonus:
Python / Cython, Scipy, NumPy, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow / PyTorch, Google Cloud, Jenkins, Docker, *nix
- Work closely with the Head of Machine Learning to identify new research problems and develop ML solutions.
- Work closely and often pair with other engineers on implementing, evaluating, and improving our technology.
- Collaborate with Design/Product team to find the best path for delivering value. We are relentlessly focused on creating a great service. On a balanced team, everyone is responsible for respecting the expertise of others, but also sharing their expertise and contributing to the direction of the product.
- Communicate current blockers and progress with product manager / team.
- Keep current on the latest techniques by reading and presenting research articles.
How we work:
We keep stories small and acceptance criteria clear so we can better manage and understand risks. We test-drive our code so that it’s easy to understand and change. We pair up about 15 hours/week to facilitate learning, to write better code, and to reduce knowledge siloing.
We are also always working on improving the way that we work, and every week we have a retrospective to reflect and consider ways we could be doing things better.
- Apply here with your resume
- Set up a 30 minute phone call to find out about your background
- Have a 30 minute chat with members of our team
- In office interview to meet the rest of team and undergo a 1 hour pairing session
- 3+ years of experience and at least a Master's degree (Ph.D preferred) in a related machine vision / machine learning field.
- Experience in processing 2D image data or 3D geometric data and is well-versed in both classical and deep ML techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of current research trends and understanding of applicable academic publications.
Experience in our scientific computing environment is a bonus:
Python / Cython, Scipy, OpenCV, NumPy, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow / PyTorch, Google Cloud, Jenkins, Docker, *nix
Experience in computational geometry would also be a great plus.
General knowledge of Construction Industry (Preferred, but not required)
Perks & Benefits
At Avvir we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Avvir values (Decency, Passion for the Work, Personal Life Matters, and Outcome over Effort ) but that enhance the lives of our team members. We are a remote-friendly organization with an unlimited vacation policy, fantastic health insurance plans, flexible work arrangements and equity options.
We also offer a meaningful place to put your talents to work, expanding your job skills, and the ability to be a part of fundamentally changing the way construction is done. Plus you will get to work with some pretty cool people.