BIM /VDC Manager
Avvir is building a system of reality for commercial real estate and construction. Our clients use laser scanners or 360-degree cameras to regularly capture the state of their construction projects. Our algorithms compare the scans to the building plans in order to identify geometrical defects and determine if progress is on schedule. Most importantly, we automatically update the building plans based on changes in reality to provide our clients with a digital twin of their building, and ultimately, project scale awareness to all stakeholders.
We are applying the latest advances in reality capture and computer vision technologies to provide machine-driven awareness around building status. Our system of record is objective, high fidelity, and provides our clients with a single source of truth about their assets.
Avvir is headquartered in New York City and has 10 employees. We have raised over $3 million in financing from top tier investors including Khosla Ventures, Metaprop, and Local Globe..
We’re looking for a BIM / VDC Manager to help our customers advance their BIM practices and make sure they are getting the most out of their experience with Avvir. You'll also work closely with your counterpart on our Reality Capture team to make sure we are collectively delivering value to our clients. An ideal candidate has a passion for customer service, advanced knowledge of virtual construction and a strong desire to be part of the teams working on a wide range of project types.
- This is a technical and educational role. You'll need to know BIM backwards and forwards. You'll need be comfortable talking about 4D and 5D BIM and the best ways to implement those models. And you'll help both our customers and our internal development team improve their understanding of BIM and virtual construction planning.
- You will help to inform the direction of our product, acting as an in-house subject matter expert and lending our design and product team insight into how best to develop BIM-centric tools.
- This is a customer facing role. You'll be helping to onboard clients. That means analyzing their BIMs, working with them to elevate their models to the level needed to leverage Avvir's technology, and managing their expectations.
- Develop VDC best practices and procedures and contribute knowledge to Blog posts for our customers.
- Regularly bring new technology and advancements to the team and implement
- This is a leadership role. You should look forward to growing a team that you'll help to train.
Avvir is looking for candidates who have 4+ years of experience using and/or designing BIMs in practice and advancing them in theory including:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture is required or 4+ additional years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated 4+ years industry experience in commercial building construction
- Demonstrated 3 years competence and consistent use in Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD
- Demonstrated competency modeling from 2D documents and creating up to Level 300 for structural, architectural, MEP and Civil
- 4 years experience modeling on CAD or similar software required.
- Experience with Layout and Trimble Products Preferred
- Experience with field layout and modeling techniques
- Experience with various MEP’s preferred.
- A strong service-orientation and prior proven success in handling heavy customer service responsibilities
- A commitment to continual learning and development; the demonstrated ability to rapidly assimilate new information, analyze it appropriately and apply it in new situations as they arise
You should also have:
- strong communication skills
- people management skills
- an interest in ability to improve processes
- a desire to have ownership over what you do and an ability to self start
- a passion for the future of construction technology
- excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
HOW WE WORK
At Avvir we are relentlessly focused on creating a great product. We are very collaborative and team oriented. On a balanced team, everyone is responsible for respecting the expertise of others, but also sharing their expertise and contributing to the direction of the service. We are also focused on process improvement across the company. Every week each team has a retrospective meeting to reflect on ways to improve processes
At Avvir we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Avvir values (Decency, Passion for the Work, Personal Life Matters, and Outcome over Effort ) but that enhance the lives of our team members. We are a remote-friendly organization with an unlimited vacation policy, fantastic health insurance plans, flexible work arrangements and equity options.
We also offer a meaningful place to put your talents to work, expanding your job skills, and the ability to be a part of fundamentally changing the way construction is done. Plus you will get to work with some pretty cool people.